Episode Five of Developing Philly Season One, “Clubhouses”, looks at coworking and how Indy Hall helped define it for Philadelphia and elsewhere. Here’s some extra info…
- First off, here’s Indy Hall.
- Tara Hunt and Chris Messina were pioneers in coworking. Here’s some video of them talking about coworking with fellow pioneer Brad Neuberg.
- Chris Cera mentions PANMA, which we talked about in Episode Four.
- National Mechanics was the original home, if you will, of the coworkers that became Indy Hall.
- Here’s an article (possibly the one Bala is thinking of) about Reading being the poorest city in the U.S.
- And here’s the T.E.A. Factory.
You can follow most of this episode’s interviewees on Twitter…
- Geoff DiMasi – @geoffd
- Alex Hillman – @alexknowshtml
- Kimberly Blessing – @obiwankimberly
- Chris Cera – @chriscera
- Kelani Nichole – @KelaniNichole
- Bala Peterson – @mdmnky
And you know what? You can follow us, too:
In our next episode, we look at bootstrapping and the pluses and minuses of trying to start a business in Philadelphia.