Episode Four of Developing Philly Season One, “Neighborhoods”, looks at how events and organizations help shape the Philly tech landscape. Here’s some extra info…
- Here is the website for TEDxPhilly. And here are links to some of the talks we feature: Jennifer Pahlka | Stanford Thompson | Chris Lehmann | Philly Youth Poetry Movement | Robert J. Moore | Rich Medina | Ethan Nguyen
- And dude, if you don’t know what TED is… (Or TEDx, for that matter.)
- There actually is a TED talk about how mushrooms are gonna save the world.
- Again, the name Roz Duffy comes up. She’s kind of awesome.
- Philly Tech Week!
- Here’s more on the Women in Tech Summit.
- Here’s some NPR coverage of arguably the coolest Philly Tech Week event ever.
- Switch Philly, where Mayor Nutter, Josh Kopelman, and Ellen Weber played Shark Tank to would-be entrepreneurs.
- We kind of gloss over this, but when Sean Blanda mentions that Open Data came out of Philly Tech Week, that’s kind of a big deal.
- This is Entrepreneur Expo.
- And this is Philly Startup Leaders.
- And this is PANMA.
- The Wharton Web Conference had a pretty cool keynote last year, as Tim Allen mentions, but this year’s is pretty special to us, as she is a direct inspiration for this series.
As always you can follow (almost) all of our illustrious interviewees on Twitter…
- Maria Sciarrino – @mariatsciarinno
- Tim Allen – @FlipperPA
- Alex Hillman – @alexknowshtml
- Liana Dragoman – @ldragoman
- Sean Blanda – @SeanBlanda
- JP Toto – @jptoto
- Kelani Nichole – @KelaniNichole
- Robert J. Moore – @robertjmoore
- Gloria Bell – @gloriabell
- David Brussin – @dbrussin
- Brad Denenberg – @denenberg
- Chris Cera – @chriscera
- Rob Yoegel – @RobYoegel
- Meredith Broussard – @merbroussard
- Nate Gasser – @nategasser
And you know what? You can follow us, too:
In our next episode, we look at how Philly developed a coworking model that’s been exported around the world.