Episode Two of Developing Philly Season One, “Anyone Can Be an Entrepreneur”, picks up where Episode One left off, with Philly rising as the tech sector bottoms out. We see how Philly reinvents itself as a good place to live just in time for the recession and a few other factors to spur a renewed interest in startups. Here’s some extra info…
- The growth that Geoff DiMasi mentions that edged Phoenix out of the number five slot in 2010 is still going on.
- This used to be a strip club.
- The “love it or hate it” New York Times story about Philadelphia as the next borough.
- Meredith Broussard mentions some business improvement districts that were created to improve livability in the city. This is one.
- Feedster, we hardly knew ye.
You can follow (almost) all of this episode’s guests on Twitter.
- Sean Blanda – @seanblanda
- Allan Frank – @phillyrocketman
- Josh Kopelman – @joshk
- Chris Cera – @chriscera
- Mike Krupit – @mkrupit
- Frank Taney – @scarylawyer
- Meredith Broussard – @merbroussard
- Gloria Bell – @gloriabell
- Geoff DiMasi – @geoffd
- Kimberly Blessing – @obiwankimberly
- Maria Sciarrino – @mariatsciarrino
- Wil Reynolds – @wilreynolds
- Elliot Menschik – @elliotmenschik
- David Brussin – @dbrussin
- Brad Denenberg – @Denenberg
- Rob Moore – @robertjmoore
In our next episode, we’ll look at two events that changed the course of Philly tech.